VININSPECT TERMS OF SERVICE
VinInspect™(“we,” “us,” “our”) owns this site.
We reserve the right to update these Terms at any time in which event we will provide notice by prominently posting to the Website and by emailing any registered users. By continuing to use the Website or Service after changes are made to these Terms you confirm your acceptance of such changes.
We reserve the right to refuse access to the Website or Services for any or no reason in our sole and exclusive discretion, including for non-compliance with any part of these Terms.
2. DESCRIPTION OF VININSPECT SERVICE. VinInspect provides access to critical data for consumers and vehicular dealers involved in purchasing used automobiles. VinInspect vehicle history service offers real-time Vehicle History Reports and Auto Auction Records Reports. Additionally, VinInspect offers Vehicle Inspection Reports and free Vehicle Recalls Checks and a free VIN Decoder
, among its complementary services. Vehicle History Reports contain title and brand data that the National Motor Vehicle Title Information System (NMVTIS ) provides as well as lien and theft information that the NMVTIS does not provide. Through its partnership with NMVTIS, VinInspect Vehicle History Reports are available for automobiles, motorcycles, recreational vehicles and classic cars from before 1981. Vehicle information for vehicles that have ever been sold via auto auction may be included in VinInspect Vehicle History Reports via the auto auction’s database as well as vehicle photographs and details that were available to the public on the auto auction website when the vehicle was on sale there. VinInspect’s Auto Auction Records Report also provides auto auction information. VinInspect Vehicle Inspection Reports represent the results of the vehicle inspections that our representatives make.
Notwithstanding the forgoing, the information we provide and as may be contained in any report is for informational purposes only and may not always be complete or accurate. You agree that should you choose to rely on the information provided without conducting more authoritative sources you do so at your own risk. In no event shall VinInspect be liable for any incorrect information contained in a report.
3. SOFTWARE AND HARDWARE REQUIREMENTS. Our service requires Internet access, appropriate software, and potentially updates or upgrades occasionally. These factors may affect your ability to use Services. Although high speed Internet is not required to access Services, it is strongly recommended. Services are not part of any other product or offering, and system requirements are your responsibility. We do not guarantee that your computer, smart phone, browser, or device will be able to access or otherwise use the Services. No purchase or the obtaining of any other product shall be construed as a definitive promise of access to VinInspect Services, and no refunds shall be granted in the event you are unable to connect to the Services.
4. AGE REQUIREMENTS FOR USE OF SERVICE. VinInspect offers its Services to those aged 13 years and older. Those older than 13 but not yet 18 years of age should ensure that they obtain parental or guardian consent before proceeding with use of the Web site and our Services.
5. WHAT YOU SHOULD AND SHOULD NOT EXPECT FROM VININSPECT
a. CONTENT OF THE SERVICE. We are not responsible for third-party content that may include any viruses or other disabling features. We will not be responsible or liable for the exercise or non-exercise of our rights under this Agreement. We reserve the right to remove or refuse to distribute and content on our Services, but we are not obliged to monitor such third-party content, including content that violates this Agreement’s terms. Additionally, we reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any and all information believed necessary to:
- satisfy applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or governmental requests;
- enforce this Agreement, including to investigate potential violations hereof;
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
- respond to user support requests;
- or protect the rights, property or safety of VinInspect, its users, and the public.
b. GENERAL PRACTICES REGARDING USE AND STORAGE. We may create use and storage limits without notice at any time. Your use of our Services indicates you agree that we are not responsible or liable for the deletion of, failure to store, or failure to transmit content or other communications that the Services maintain.
c. CONTENT OF COMMUNICATIONS. Content of any communication is the responsibility of the person who originated the content. We do not have knowledge of, or control, the content of any communication(s) that the user of the Services transmits. As such, you may be subjected to content that is offensive, illegal, inappropriate for minors, indecent, or considered objectionable.
d. TECHNICAL IMPROVEMENT AND MAINTENANCE. Remaining competitive with demand and remaining compliant may require us to change technical features. Additionally, upgrading of services may necessitate restricting, limiting, suspending, and/or interrupting Services from time to time.
e. QUALITY AND DELIVERY. VinInspect cannot and does not guarantee that Services will function without disruptions, delay, or other imperfections. Due to use of public cellular networks of various types, power outages or service disruptions may interfere. Internet lines and even the public switched telephone network ("PSTN") may result in interrupted service. Disruptions may interfere with the quality, speed, transmission, and reception of Services, all of which is beyond our control.
f. TERMINATION. We may discontinue Services at any time and reserve the right to change charges and/or these terms and conditions at any time.
6. OUR EXPECTATIONS OF YOU
By using our Services, you accept and acknowledge that you will abide by the following:
We require an account registration ("Account"), which is limited per unique individual person. Account transfer or assignment is not permitted, unless we agree to do so in writing.
a) The information provided for created accounts must match the address, phone number, and/or other unique identifier information associated with the identification method. You are only allowed to register multiple accounts per identification method at our discretion. An account may be used by a single individual. Accounts may also be used by a legal entity, such as an automobile dealership, at our discretion, and that account is subject to our requirements. Further accounts beyond the initial account per unique user may be subject to fees upon the creation of those accounts. Our written consent must be obtained to transfer an account to a third party. We will not unreasonably withhold consent to the transfer of an account in good standing by operation of valid written will to a single natural person, provided that proper notice and documentation are delivered as we request.
b) Accounts affiliated with delinquent accounts are subject to remedial actions related to the delinquent account.
c) We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your account, this agreement, and/or refuse any and all current or future use of the Services without notice or liability to you at any time. Should we suspend or terminate your account or this agreement, you consent that you shall receive no refund or exchange for any unused time on a subscription, any license or subscription fees, any content or data associated with your account, or for anything else.
d) Should your account be suspended or terminated because of your breach of this agreement or your payment delinquency, we may suspend or terminate the account associated with the breach and any or all other accounts that you or your directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents, contractors, or licensors hold. Your breach shall be deemed to apply to all such accounts.
e) Your use of the Services includes the capability to enter into agreements and/or to make transactions electronically. Your electronic submissions via our website constitute your agreement and intent to be bound by and to pay for such agreements and transactions. your agreement and intent to be bound by electronic submissions applies to all records relating to all transactions you enter into on this site, this includes notices of cancellation, policies, contracts, and applications. You may be required to have certain hardware and software to obtain your electronic records, which is your sole responsibility.
f) PAID SERVICES/AGREEMENT TO PAY.
i. You must have an account and pay the subscription or other fees to use any of our Services. For information about subscriptions and other fees for particular services, we ask that you visit the fees and services sections of our Website.
ii. Right to Change Prices and Availability of Products. Prices and availability of any services are subject to change at any time.
iii. Changes to Paid Services. We do reserve the right to change our fees or billing methods at any time. We will provide you with notice of any changes to fees or your billing methods at least thirty (30) days in advance if you pay a periodic (e.g. monthly) subscription for our Services by posting such changes on the Terms of Service section of our website. Your continued use of our Services thirty (30) days or more after posting of the changes means that you accept such changes.
iv. Refunds, Cancellations. You may cancel your subscription at any time, but we will not refund for any reason any fees that may have accrued to your account before cancellation of your subscription except as set forth in these Terms. Additionally, we will not pro-rate fees for any subscription.
v. Taxes. If your use of our Services is subject to use or sales tax, then we reserve the right to also charge you for any such taxes, in addition to the subscription or other fees.
vi. Responsibility for Account. AS THE ACCOUNT HOLDER, ALL CHARGES INCURRED ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITY. THIS INCLUDES APPLICABLE TAXES AND ALL PURCHASES MADE BY YOU OR ANYONE THAT USES YOUR ACCOUNT, INCLUDING ANY THIRD PARTY. THIS MEANS THAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL USAGE AND PURCHASES ON YOUR ACCOUNT, EVEN THOSE MADE UNLAWFULLY OR FRAUDULENTLY OR WITHOUT YOUR AUTHORIZATION. IN THE EVENT YOU HAVE REASON TO BELIEVE YOUR ACCOUNT HAS BEEN COMPROMISED, YOU MUST IMMEDIATELY NOTIFY US.
vii. Fees Charged By Third-Party Sites and Vendors. While we may provide links to other websites that may charge separate fees, these fees are not included in any subscription or other fees that you may pay to us. Separate charges or obligations that you incur in your dealings with third parties are your responsibility alone.
ix. No Resale of the Service. You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, resell, redistribute, or exploit for any commercial purposes any: (a) portion of the Services; (b) use of the Services, including our response methods; or (c) access to the Services, including, but not limited to account information, without our written consent.
7. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS. We own all right, title and interest in and to the Services, including all intellectual property rights (the “VinInspect Rights"). Our rights are protected by U.S. and international intellectual property laws, including moral rights. As such, you agree that you will not copy, reproduce, alter, modify, reverse-engineer or create derivative works from the Services or any part of our Website. You affirm that you will refrain from using any robot, spider, other automated device, or manual process to monitor or copy any content from the Service.
Nothing in the Terms of Service gives you a right to use any of our trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos, domain names, and other distinctive brand features.
As described below, our rights do not include third-party content used as part of the Services. This includes the content of communications appearing on the Services. We do not claim ownership or control over any content that you have submitted, posted or displayed through our Services. You or a third-party licensor, as appropriate, retain all patent, trademark, and copyright to any content you submit, post, or display on or through our services. You are responsible for protecting those rights, as appropriate. By submitting, posting, or displaying content on or through our Services that are intended to be available to the members of the public, you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to reproduce, publish, and distribute such content or transmit any Content. You affirm that you have the power and authority necessary to award the rights granted herein to any content submitted.
b) Termination of the Services. We may modify, suspend, or discontinue the Services, or any part of them, at any time without notification. We will not be liable to you or to any third party should we do so.
9. GENERAL COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS. You agree to comply with all local, state, federal, and national laws, statutes, ordinances, and regulations that apply to your use of the Service.
10. ENFORCEMENT OF THESE TERMS. We reserve the right to take all steps deemed reasonable and necessary to enforce and/or verify compliance with any part of this agreement. This includes our right to cooperate with any legal process relating to your use of the Services and/or a third party claim that your use of the Services is unlawful and/or infringes on that third party's rights. We have the right, without liability to you, to disclose any account registration data and/or account information to law enforcement authorities, government officials, and/or third parties, as we believe is reasonably necessary or appropriate to enforce and/or verify compliance with any part of this agreement. This included our right to cooperate with any legal process relating to your use of the Services, and/or a third party claim that your use of the Services is unlawful and/or infringes on that third party's rights.
11. NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THIRD-PARTY MATERIALS OR WEBSITES. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy of any third-party material or websites. WE DO NOT WARRANT OR ENDORSE AND DO NOT ASSUME AND WILL NOT HAVE ANY LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY THIRD-PARTY MATERIALS OR WEBSITES, OR FOR ANY OTHER MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES, OR COLLECTED DATA OF THIRD PARTIES. THIS INCLUDES, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO ANY INFORMATION RELATING OR PERTAINING TO THE CONDITION, SAFETY, MARKETABILITY, MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY, OWNERSHIP HISTORY, AND ACCIDENT HISTORY OF ANY PASSENGER MOTOR VEHICLE LOCATED IN ANY TERRITORY THROUGHOUT THE WORLD OR ANY DATA OR INFORMATION, CONTAINED IN OR OMITTED, FROM A PASSENGER MOTOR VEHICLE OWNERSHIP OR REGISTRATION DOCUMENT ISSUED BY ANY OF THE 50 STATES OF THE U.S. (OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA) OR PASSENGER VEHICLE REGISTRATION DOCUMENT ISSUED BY ANY PROVINCE OF CANADA. We provide links to other websites solely as a convenience. You agree that you will not use any third-party materials so that they would infringe or violate the rights of any other party. Further, you agree that we are not in any way responsible for any such use.
12. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES; LIABILITY LIMITATIONS.
a) You acknowledge that VinInspect may remove the Service for indefinite periods of time, or cancel the Service at any time, without notice to you. We do not guarantee, represent, or warrant that your use of the Services will be uninterrupted or error-free.
b) Your use, or inability to use, our services is entirely at your risk. all services delivered to you via the Service are delivered "as is" and "as available" for your use, without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, unless otherwise stated. This includes all implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties and as such the above exclusion of implied warranties may not apply to you. There are no warranties relating to any of the motor vehicles about which information is posted on this site or transmitted to you. This includes the information provided in the VinInspect vehicle history report, auto auction records report, vehicle inspection report, and free vehicle information that the vin decode service and the VinInspect vehicle recalls check service produce. VinInspect does not provide warranties ever regarding the condition, safety, marketability, merchantability, quality, ownership history, or accident history of any motor vehicle and does not endorse, certify, authorize, or authenticate any motor vehicle or any motor vehicle ownership or registration document provided to you through any of VinInspect services or third-party suppliers. a number of third party sources collect motor vehicle history information. such information may be unreliable, inaccurate, outdated, false or misleading, and may not detail motor vehicle history information such as whether the vehicle was junked or salvaged, dismantled, rebuilt or reconstructed, subjected to flood damage, fire damage, bought back by its manufacturer, whether the odometer exceeds mechanical limits, whether the odometer was not actual mileage, or other mechanical, structural, or cosmetic problems with the vehicle.
c) The employees, officers, representatives, service providers, suppliers, licensors, and agents of VinInspect shall under no circumstance be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, exemplary, punitive or consequential damages, or any other damages of any kind. These include, but are not limited to, loss of use, loss of profits, or loss of data, whether in an action in contract, tort (including but not limited to negligence), or otherwise, arising out of or in any way connected with (i) the use or inability to use our website or the content, materials, software, information or transactions provided on or through our website, or (ii) any claim attributable to errors, omissions, or other inaccuracies in the sites or the content, materials, software, information, products, or services on or available through our website, (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any products, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the VinInspect website; (v) the delay or failure in performance resulting from an act of force majeure, including without limitation, acts of god, natural disasters, communications failure, governmental actions, wars, strikes, labor disputes, riots, shortages of labor or materials, vandalism, terrorism, non-performance of third parties or any reasons beyond their reasonable control; (vi) any other matter relating to our site; (vii) lost data or earnings; (vii) personal injury, including great bodily injury or death; (viii) property damage; or (ix) statements or conduct of any third party on our site. Even if VinInspect or its authorized representatives have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Your primary recourse for dissatisfaction resolution with the site and/or site-related Services is to stop using the site and/or those Services. applicable law may not allow the limitation of liability, implied warranties or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages set forth above, so this limitation of liability may not apply to you. If any part of this limitation on liability is found to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, then the aggregate liability of VinInspect under such circumstances for liabilities that otherwise would have been limited shall not exceed one hundred dollars ($100).
d) We provide a free general used vehicle buying information service to the public. WE DO NOT ACCEPT ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE THAT YOU MAY OCCUR TO YOURSELF, OTHERS, OR PROPERTY WHEN FOLLOWING THE ADVICE GIVEN ON THIS SITE, NOR DO WE GUARANTEE ANY RESULTS.
13. WAIVER AND INDEMNITY. Your use of the Service attests that you agree to indemnify, defend and hold us, our directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents, contractors, and licensors harmless with respect to any claims arising out of or related to your breach of this agreement, your use of the Service, or any action that we take as part of our investigation of a suspected violation of this agreement or as a result of our finding or decision that a violation of this agreement has occurred. As such, you cannot sue or recover any damages from VinInspect, its directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents, contractors, and licensors as a result of its decision to remove or refuse to process any information or content, to warn you, to suspend or terminate your access to the Service, or to take any other action during the investigation of a suspected violation or as a result of a conclusion that you have indeed violated this agreement. this waiver and indemnity provision applies to all violations that this agreement describes or contemplates.
14. VinInpect vehicle inspection services terms and conditions.
a. No Guarantee. Our inspectors’ take effort to ensure that the information they report to you is accurate and complete; however, this information is not guaranteed. As we typically do not take possession of the vehicle, we have no control over substitutions or changes that could possibly occur after the inspection is made. We are not responsible for any alterations, changes in condition, or damages to the inspected vehicle. Furthermore, we do not guarantee or warrant the condition or operation of any vehicle upon delivery to you. You are also bound by the provisions of the VinInspect Vehicle Inspection Report Disclaimer.
b. Not Experts; No Authentication. You understand that the person performing your vehicle inspection services
, is not an expert in any field. They do not possess or apply any special or specific skill, knowledge, or expertise to their inspection. Information relayed to you from inspections reflects a personal lay inspecting and their opinions. We do not perform test drives.
c. Scope of Order. We are not obliged to report any facts, inspections, information or events that are outside of the express scope of the order and that are not included in the Services offered by us as described on this site.
d. Authorized Communications. You may not communicate directly, by any means, with your inspector. No party other than the person who places the order shall be entitled to issue instructions or in any way communicate with us regarding the order.
e. Order Fulfillment Policy. We effort to post reports no later than three to four business days following placement of the order (Monday through Friday, excluding holidays). Order volume in the area or making arrangements to meet with a seller may affect this timetable. We do not guarantee that the report will be posted within any specific timeframe.
f. Cancellation Policy. If you cancel your order before the inspector takes any action, we will issue a refund of 50% of the order price. If you cancel your order after the inspector started to implement the order, we will not issue you a refund of any sort. Implementing the order is defined as the inspector having made an appointment with the vehicle’s owner/seller or if the inspector has arrived to the owner’s/seller’s property to inspect the vehicle.
g. Title to Goods or Property. WE, FOR SERVICES PURCHASED IN CONNECTION WITH A SALES TRANSACTION OR PROPOSED SALES TRANSACTION, DO NOT VERIFY, CHECK, CONFIRM, REPRESENT, WARRANTY, OR GUARANTEE THAT THE SELLER OR PERSON IN POSSESSION AT THE TIME WE MAKE THE INSPECTION HAS LEGAL OWNERSHIP, OR LEGAL POSSESSION OF THE PROPERTY INVOLVED.
h. Use of subcontractors. We reserve the right to delegate, assign, or subcontract the Service to any person, entity, agent, independent contractor, or subcontractor without notification.
i. Maximum Inspection Time. Unless your order is an approved custom order that requires more time by its terms, we will spend a maximum of fifteen (15) minutes observing the vehicle involved in your order.
j. No Shows. If we arrive at the inspection site and the seller or other party who has agreed to meet us there does not have the vehicle available for the inspection, you will be charged in full if the inspector has made contact and set up an appointment to conduct the inspection.
k. Entry Upon Private Property. If conducting your inspection requires us to enter private property, you are solely responsible for obtaining the consent and permission of all legally necessary parties (owner, tenant, etc.) and providing confirmation of such consent and permission to us in writing if requested. You hereby indemnify and hold us harmless for any claims, liabilities, judgments, costs, expenses, or losses of any kind whatsoever we might suffer in connection with entry upon private property at your request in fulfillment of your order.
l. No Offer. Our acquisition of the self-reported information you enter and our allowance of the entry of your order, does not constitute either our nor associated third parties attempting to sell services or products in any jurisdiction in which they are not authorized to do so. Our vehicle inspection services are available only in the United States. Nothing on this site shall be construed as an offer or promise to make any of our services or products or the Services or products of any third party available to you.
15. Changes. All Additional Terms are hereby incorporated into this Agreement by this reference. At any time, we may update, revise, supplement, and otherwise modify these Terms of Service and impose new or additional rules, policies, terms, or conditions on your use of our service. Such updates, revisions, supplements, modifications, and additional rules, policies, terms, and conditions (collectively referred to in these Terms of Service as "Additional Terms") will be effective immediately and incorporated into this agreement. Your continued use will be deemed to constitute your acceptance of any and all such Additional Terms.
16. Notices. We reserve the right to send you notice via an email message to the email address listed in your VinInspect account contact information or a letter via postal mail to the contact address listed in your VinInspect Account contact information regarding notices about our services. Notices shall become effective immediately.
17. Governing law. The internal law of the State of Florida shall govern any questions concerning the construction, validity, and interpretation of these Terms of Service and the performance of the obligations imposed by these Terms of Service. Any suit, action, or proceeding against a party to these Terms of Service brought by another party with regard to these Terms of Service or the rights and obligations of the parties under these Terms of Service shall be brought in Miami-Dade County, State of Florida. The parties hereby irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of the aforementioned courts. Final judgment in any such suit, action, or proceeding brought in any such court shall be conclusive and binding upon you and may be enforced in any court in which you are subject to jurisdiction by a suit upon such judgment. In addition, and notwithstanding the foregoing, you irrevocably waive, to the fullest extent permitted by law, any objection that you may now or hereafter have to the laying of the venue of any such suit, action or proceeding brought in any such court and any claim that any such suit, action or proceeding brought in any such court has been brought in an inconvenient forum.
18. Miscellaneous. These Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement between you and us and govern your use of our Services, superseding any prior agreements between you and us. You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use affiliate services, third-party content, or third-party software. If any part of these Terms of Service is held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed in a manner consistent with applicable law to reflect, as nearly as possible, the original intentions of the parties, and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect. We will not be responsible for failures to fulfill any obligations due to causes beyond its control. Our failure to enforce any right or provisions in these Terms of Service will not constitute a waiver of such provision, or any other provision of these Terms of Service.
19. Feedback and information. Our service is free to use. Any feedback you provide on this site shall be deemed non-confidential.
20. Severability. If a court finds that any provision of this agreement is invalid or unenforceable, but that by limiting such provision it would become valid and enforceable, then such provision shall be deemed to be written, construed, and enforced as so limited. If any provision of this agreement is found to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall continue to be valid and enforceable.
21. Notices and procedures for making claims of copyright infringement. ALL INQUIRIES NOT RELEVANT TO OR NOT COMPLYING WITH THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURE WILL RECEIVE NO RESPONSE. Pursuant to Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c) (2), notifications of claimed copyright infringement should be sent to the website's designated agent.
We respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users and visitors to do the same. Upon receipt of notices complying with the DMCA, we will work to remove or disable access to any material found to be infringing or found to be the subject of infringing activity and will act to remove or disable access to any reference or link to material or activity that is found to be infringing. We will process and investigate notices of alleged infringement and will take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") and other applicable intellectual property laws.
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please be advised that to be effective, your notification must include ALL of the following:
- a physical or electronic signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive copyright that is allegedly infringed;
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site;
- your address, telephone number, and email address and all other information reasonably sufficient to permit VinInspect to contact you;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Notices of claimed copyright infringement should be directed to:
15173B NE 21st Ave, North Miami Beach, FL 33162
(Please include "Notice of Infringement" in the subject line.)
IMPORTANT NOTE: THE PRECEDING INFORMATION IS PROVIDED EXCLUSIVELY FOR NOTIFYING US THAT YOUR COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL MAY HAVE BEEN INFRINGED. ALL OTHER INQUIRIES, INCLUDING PRODUCT OR SERVICE RELATED QUESTIONS AND REQUESTS, OR QUESTIONS ON PRIVACY, WILL NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE THROUGH THIS PROCESS.
The information contained in this website is subject to change without notice. Copyright © 2017 VinInspect.com. All rights reserved.
By Email: email@example.com
The National Motor Vehicle Title Information System (NMVTIS) is an electronic system that contains information on certain automobiles titled in the United States. NMVTIS is intended to serve as a reliable automobile source of title and brand history. It does not contain detailed information regarding a vehicle's accident repair or other history.
All states, insurance companies, and junk and salvage yards are required by federal law to regularly report information to NMVTIS. Some states are not yet providing their vehicle data to the system, so information is not available for all vehicles in the United States. The data states provide to NMVTIS is provided in a variety of time frames. While some states report and update NMVTIS data in "real-time,” other states send updates less frequently.
The information in NMVTIS INCLUDES:
- Information from participating state motor vehicle titling agencies;
- Information about automobiles, buses, trucks, motorcycles, recreational vehicles, motor homes, and tractors. NMVTIS may not include commercial vehicles if those vehicles are not included in a state is primary database for title records (in some states, those vehicles are managed by a separate state agency), although these records may be added at a later time;
- Most recent odometer reading in the state's title record;
- Information from insurance companies, and auto recyclers, including junk and salvage yards, that is required by law to be reported to the system, as of March 31, 2009. This information will include if the vehicle was determined to be a "total loss" by an insurance carrier;
- Information on "brands" that participating state motor vehicle titling agencies apply to vehicles. Brand types and definitions vary by state, but may provide useful information about the condition or prior use of the vehicle;
- Information from junk and salvage yards receiving a "cash for clunker" vehicle traded-in under the Consumer Assistance to Recycle and Save Act of 2009 (CARS) Program.
We provide vehicle information from the auto auctions’ database that may include photographs and vehicle details that were available to the public in the auto auctions’ websites when this vehicle was on sale there. Auction Records Report and the auto auction records in the Vehicle History Report are available only in case if this vehicle has ever been on sale at auto auctions since June, 2007 to present time, but the information on some vehicles may be unavailable.
Vehicle information from the VinInspect Auto Auction Records Report and from the auto auction records in the VinInspect Vehicle History Report is provided "as is" from the auto auctions database. We do not guarantee that the vehicle has not been on sale at an auto auction if there are no auto auction records in the report or no Auto Auction Records Reports available for the vehicle. We do not guarantee or warranty that the Auto Auction Records Report and auto auction records will be available on a specific vehicle and do not guarantee that the information from the Auto Auction Records Report and Vehicle History Report is accurate, comprehensive, verified or complete, and shall not assume or accept any liability (whether in negligence or otherwise) for the accuracy or completeness of such information or for any reliance placed by any person on the information. We do not guarantee the availability of the vehicle photographs in the report.
It is not our obligation to advise anyone of any error in provided information, and we will not be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of profits, business or other consequential loss) which may arise from any use of, or reliance upon, or inability to access, the information from the VinInspect Auto Auction Records Report and the VinInspect Vehicle History Report.
YOU ASSUME ALL RISKS IN USING ANY DATA IN THIS REPORT. WE MAKE NO GUARANTY OR WARRANTY, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OR MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THE DATA PRESENTED IN THIS REPORT.
NVS Data Disclaimer
The ultimate source of lien information provided in the VinInspect Vehicle History Report is pulled from the database of the National Vehicle Service (NVS). Not all lien holders and jurisdictions report to NVS. Records from NVS may be incomplete. Although every effort is made to insure the accuracy of transmission and data, we provide the reports "as is." The lien data may not be complete and will not have information on all vehicles. As such, a lien record may not be available in a Vehicle History Report or may be incomplete. We make no warranty, expressed or implied, as to the validity of the data. Other than that, data provided is a true and correct reproduction of the NVS data.
Every VinInspect Vehicle Inspection Report and the information they contain is based upon the inspections and opinions of the individual or individuals (the “Inspector” or the “Inspectors”) who process your order and complete the report alone. None of the Inspectors are experts in any field. They are not professional photographers. Photographs contained in your VinInspect Vehicle Inspection Report may differ from those that a professional photographer would take. Your personal inspections and opinions might differ from those contained in your VinInspect Vehicle Inspection Report.
We do not check ownership or title of any vehicle. Your VinInspect Vehicle Inspection Report should not be considered a recommendation that you should or should not bid on or purchase a vehicle, nor should it be the sole basis upon which you might make any important decision. We do not perform appraisals or issue value opinions of any kind, and any such information contained in your VinInspect Vehicle Inspection Report should be not be relied upon for any purpose unless we specifically agree in writing otherwise at the time you place your order.
Only the most basic functions which the seller chooses to demonstrate will be observed. VinInspect does not perform test drives. While the Inspector may ask the seller to demonstrate that the vehicle is in basic working order, the Inspector is not an expert and will not perform any tests.
VinInspect Free Services Disclaimer
Some of the Services that we offer on our site are available to you for free. They are: the free VIN decoding service (“VIN Decoder’’) and the Vehicle Recalls Check service (“Vehicle Recalls Check”).
a) Our VIN Decoder provides the true identity of a vehicle by decoding the 17-character Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). Once you enter your VIN number, a VIN decoding system then verifies the coded information contained within and produces a report that includes: Model Year, Model, Make, Trim, Country of Manufacture, Body Type, and Engine Type.
We do not guarantee or warranty the decoding of any VIN. We do not guarantee or warranty the accuracy and fullness of the information that the VIN Decoder provides. ALL DATA IN THIS REPORT IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. ALTHOUGH OUR VIN DECODE SERVICE DATA SUPPLIERS CHECK REGULARLY WITH THEIR DATA SOURCES TO CONFIRM THE ACCURACY AND COMPLETENESS OF THE DATA, WE MAKE NO GUARANTY OR WARRANTY, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OR MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THE DATA PRESENTED IN THIS REPORT. YOU ASSUME ALL RISKS IN USING ANY DATA IN THIS REPORT FOR YOUR OWN APPLICATIONS.
Our free Vehicle Recalls Check allows you to identify an open recall on a specific vehicle instantly. Simply enter the year, make, and model of the vehicle. Recall information is provided "as is" from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration ("NHTSA”). NHTSA documents and tracks both types of auto recalls. With the exception of those involving tires, recalls are in effect for the lifetime of a vehicle and must be remedied at no cost to consumers under federal law. Vehicles identified with open recalls should be taken to an authorized dealer to be repaired. The information provided on vehicle recalls is for information purposes only. We do not guarantee the accuracy, comprehensiveness, or completeness of such information. We shall not assume or accept any liability (whether in negligence or otherwise) for the accuracy or completeness of such information or for any reliance placed by any person on the information. We shall not be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of profits, business or other consequential loss) that may arise from any use of, or reliance upon, or inability to access, the information. We shall not be under any obligation to advise any person of any error in information provided.
If you are presented with vehicle recall information and have a question, contact your vehicle's manufacturer or the NHTSA's Auto Safety Hotline at 1-888-DASH-2-DOT (1-888-327-4236).
c) Our website features a complimentary Auto Auction Check. We do not guarantee that the vehicle has not been on sale at an auto auction if there is no auto auction records found by the Auto Auction Check.You will instantly be provided information regarding whether a vehicle has ever been on sale at auto auctions when you enter its VIN into our VIN Decoder. Once our VIN Decoder has verified the VIN, you can get one free vehicle photo from the auto auction database. The photo selected is chosen by random from the photo collection available for this vehicle in the auto auctions’ database. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that this photo will show the damaged part of the vehicle.